[ale] [OT] Multifunction laser for medium-duty use

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sun Nov 15 19:03:18 EST 2009

> nearly as well.  The heaviest use the unit will get will
> be printing the weekly service programs, which amount
> to perhaps 200 pages/week, black-and-white.  It will
> also need to print a few dozen copies of a monthly
> color newsletter. Finally, it will be called upon occasionally
> to make color or b&w copies in volumes of 20 to 500 pages.
> In total, then, we print/copy on the order of 20,000
> pages/year maximum, about 10% of which are color.

I'd tend to buy a good Laser for the B&W stuff,
and a "kinko's" or other account for the color things.

We've got a lexmark color laser in the office,
that I finally got people to turn off if they
weren't using it. They don't like the 10 minute warm-up
system check time, but we aren't buying lots of
color cartridges any more. The discomfort/wait
also reduced the things they thought they
needed in color.