[ale] Server-hosting-ready home broadband

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Fri Nov 13 12:21:48 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 14:26 -0500, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> I've talked to Comcast about their business offerings since my
> existing
> cable drop is now dark, but what they have is more geared toward high
> down and low up as would befit an office full of YouTube/Hulu
> surfers.

I have a 36/8 connection or so from CC (business plan).  It seems to
serve my needs pretty well; I run several server containers on an OpenVZ
server (via Proxmox VE) and database replication as well.  It helps that
my upload is a lot faster than my primary client's download speed, of
course.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo