[ale] Fwd: periodic fsck was Re: [patch] ext2/3: documentconditions when reliable operation is possible

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Nov 10 13:57:25 EST 2009

Apparently it is something new.  I'd just run across the option this
weekend while researching bizarre I/O issue and it worked on my RHEL5.3
system.

On doing a check just now on my old Debian Sarge, Fedora Core 6 and even
RHEL4 systems I don't see the option there.  It DOEX exist on my CentOS
5 system.

Nothing in the RHEL5 or CentOS5 man pages indicates it to be a RHEL
specific option though so it may be something in later e2fsprogs
packages (I'm running 1.39.)