[ale] Fwd: periodic fsck was Re: [patch] ext2/3: documentconditions when reliable operation is possible

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Nov 10 13:32:22 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 09:39 -0500, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> As to fsck in single user - that can be done for everything but root.
> However if you do a "shutdown -F" it forces the fsck to be done on
> reboot.

Is that a Red Hat thing?  None of my systems seem to do that.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo