[ale] OT: dropped the land line and going naked DSL

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon May 25 11:44:29 EDT 2009

Jim Philips wrote:
> Well, I had ATT&T cut my land line yesterday and asked to keep DSL. So far,
> the result is that my DSL drops about every twenty minutes. Has anybody else
> gone naked DSL with AT&T. Is this the best I can expect? Their tech guy is
> coming today. I'm hoping he can resolve this. Otherwise, I'm just moving to
> Comcast. Another evil corporate giant, I know

I have had naked dsl for months now and I don't have the problem you're
seeing.  The main difference for me is that I had them install my naked
dsl on a separate line coming to my home and I still have my old voice
line, but it is on a totally separate incoming line.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin