[ale] OT: cell phone OSes

Rev. Johnny Healey rev.null at gmail.com
Tue May 5 22:32:21 EDT 2009

I have a g1 and love it.  The only issue I really have with it is the
battery life, but I think that is more of an issue with the hardware
itself than with the platform.

It is open source, and I have found the platform to be pretty
developer-friendly (at least as friendly as Java can be), but I
definitely don't use it the same way I use linux.  There is a shell
app, but it's mostly a novelty.

As for interaction with linux, I haven't had any issues.  It mounts as
a usb-storage device for transferring music & photos.  Pretty much
everything else syncs over the internet, so there's not a lot of
compatibility issues.

-Johnny