[ale] generate streaming videos.

arxion arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:33:29 EDT 2009

On 2009, May, 05, , at 1:02 PM, Atlanta Geek wrote:

> Thanks guys.
> That gives me some stuff to research.  We have spectrum analyzers that
> we want customers to be able to access remotely.  We've written an app
> in flex/flash to control them but now customers are asking for
> iphones/blackberry support. We require at least flash 9 for the flex
> app so we thought a workaround could be to generate a streaming video
> for cell phones.

FFmpeg can generate h.264 in an mp4 wrapper.  My understanding (and
experience) that MOST sub-versions of Flash 9 and above supports both
these specs, though I have seen inconsistencies. Sorenson in an FLV
wrapper is the better guaranteed flash compatible playback, but that
codec is a big quality hit compared to h.264.

peace
aaron