[ale] IBM to buy SUN?

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:57:59 EDT 2009

Your comments about the Weather Channel are interesting.  I know you were on
> the web side of the house.  I have a friend on the other side who said they
> went to Solaris briefly but found it couldn’t perform for their needs and
> went back to HP-UX.   That was a year or so ago.  Not sure what they’re
> doing these days but assume they still have the HP-UX systems.

I'm pretty sure I never saw one single HP box the three years I was there.
They must be hiding them...  under someone's desk no doubt.

Sun is all I ever saw downstairs, a bunch of Intel, a ton of Hitachi
storage.

Upstairs we were all Dell/Foundry/Netapp.

--j