[ale] php & apache2 on debian

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Mar 8 18:43:53 EDT 2009

On Sun March 8 2009, Brandon Wood wrote:
> Install PHP5 support for Apache2
>
> If you want to install PHP5 from debian packages you need to enter the one
> of the source list in your /etc/apt/sources.list file
>
> deb http://packages.dotdeb.org stable all
>  deb-src http://packages.dotdeb.org stable all

already had those..

> Now you need to save your file and run the following command to take our
> new changes effect
>
> #apt-get update
>
> Now you need to install PHP5 required packages for apache
>
> #apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 php5-curl php5-gd

already had all except php5-gd

> that's it PHP5 for apache2 installed now you need to do the following
>
> #cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/
>
> #ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.load
>
> #ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf
 ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.load
ln: creating symbolic link `./php5.load': File exists
paulandcilla:/etc/apache2/mods-enabled#
ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf
ln: creating symbolic link `./php5.conf': File exists

> Now you need to restart your apache server using the following command
>
> #/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
>
> Now you apache server is ready with PHP5 support
and.. it still doesn't work. I created a test file:
?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

// Show just the module information.
// phpinfo(8) yields identical results.
phpinfo(INFO_MODULES);

?>

and that is what shows in opera. Firefox just continually opens new unnamed
windows constantly..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800