[ale] php & apache2 on debian

Brandon Wood woody at 2143.net
Sun Mar 8 18:10:35 EDT 2009

That may be happening because apache has specific directives on how to
handle .php files. For phpmyadmin that .conf file you included most likely
has that where as you need something similar for gallery.
Have you done something like the steps that are listed here:
http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/apachephp5.htm

*Install PHP5 support for Apache2
*
If you want to install PHP5 from debian packages you need to enter the one
of the source list in your /etc/apt/sources.list file

deb http://packages.dotdeb.org stable all
deb-src http://packages.dotdeb.org stable all

or

deb http://people.debian.org/~dexter php5 sarge
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~dexter php5 sarge

Now you need to save your file and run the following command to take our new
changes effect

#apt-get update

Now you need to install PHP5 required packages for apache

#apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 php5-curl php5-gd

that's it PHP5 for apache2 installed now you need to do the following

#cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/

#ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.load

#ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf

Now you need to restart your apache
server<http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/apachephp5.htm#> using
the following command

#/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Now you apache server is ready with PHP5 support