[ale] php & apache2 on debian

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Mar 8 17:59:11 EDT 2009

On Sun March 8 2009, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> Do you have any goodies in your config sort of like so?  :
>
> LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
I added that to httpd.conf, restarted apache and got this:
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Restarting web server: apache2[Sun Mar 08 17:55:46 2009] [warn] module
php5_module is already loaded, skipping
 ... waiting [Sun Mar 08 17:55:47 2009] [warn] module php5_module is already
loaded, skipping
.

> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
yet, when I try to open the gallery2 index.php I get these lines:
<?php
/*
 * Gallery - a web based photo album viewer and editor
 * Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Bharat Mediratta

yet phpmyadmin works..

> The first one loads the actual PHP server code.
>
> THe second group sets mimetypes for some php stuff.
>
> The last one tells Apache when it sees index.php, that's ok to load and
> process.

thanks!

--
Paul Cartwright