[ale] php & apache2 on debian

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 17:20:37 EDT 2009

Now that we're clean...

Do you have any goodies in your config sort of like so?  :

LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

The first one loads the actual PHP server code.

THe second group sets mimetypes for some php stuff.

The last one tells Apache when it sees index.php, that's ok to load
and process.

Also, for some more troubleshooting steps, create a text file called
phpinfo.php with the following contents:

<?php
    phpinfo();
?>

and save it to your DocumentRoot for your server (specified by the
DocumentRoot directive in the httpd.conf).  Load it in a browser from
your web server (like http://yoursite.org/phpinfo.php)

It's simplistic, I know, but it takes phpmyadmin out of the mix and
tells us specifically if PHP itself is working at all.

Good luck!

--j