[ale] iphone tether?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jun 30 07:38:18 EDT 2009

> The new 3.0 release for the 3G iphone includes support for tethering,
> although AT&T does not 'allow' it quite yet.  Rumors are they are afraid
> their network could not handle the load.

I don't need tethering very often.. but it's a lifesaver when you need it.
If they would allow, legally, a reasonable amount of tethering, it would
make my only gripe about my iPhone go away.

My TomTom would like to be able to tether..

and on rare occaisions, I'd like to as well. do a little SSH, some web
interfaces.. etc..

But I'm not needing to download an ISO or stream music..
but if I needed a lot of MB.. tethered, I'd be willing to pay for it.

It'd just be nice to be able to do it a LITTLE as part of the legal plan.