[ale] OT: DSLR recommendations

Scott skotchman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 22:27:17 EDT 2009

Hey guys, thanks for the opinions offered. I'm now leaning towards the
Nikon D40 even though it only has a burst of 2.5fps and not the 3.0fps.
The deciding factor is the flash sync shutter speed of upto 1/500 sec as
opposed to 1/200 sec on the 10.x and greater megapixel cameras. This
allows for freeze action flash photography and with 3 hyper active
monkeys, er I mean grandkids that 1/300 sec could make a difference of
smiling angel like faces to blurry devilish imps.