[ale] Big laptop advice

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sat Jun 6 10:55:12 EDT 2009

> I'm also a developer (and photographer), so screen size with one of the
> biggest factors for me. I ended up with the ASUS G2, a 'gaming' latop. NewEgg
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220511

Thanks I was looking hard at that. It looks like a good semi-portable
development system. As for suspend/sleep.. I seem to always "shutdown"
anyway,

eSata has been awesome.. I've been buying the Seagate eSata externals and
using them for system backups, even over ethernet to the servers
via a laptop.

As I get older, screen size, sharpness and brightness seems to be a major
factor, glad you likes this thing.