[ale] Google Wave.

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:12:30 EDT 2009

I'm really excited about it; I watched the demo twice because I kept getting
distracted thinking of the potential for this. The flow seems great and it's
looking like it should replace email, IM, and wiki's easily and of course
that really expensive collaboration software. I think google has made a good
move in making it so others can have their own wave server, and it was
something I wasn't expecting. They are saying they will open the "lion's
share" of the code, we'll have to wait to see what that means. I really do
think everyone will be using it, but I won't be surprised until MS has their
own wave server.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Dylan Northrup <docx at io.com> wrote:

> Once I can play around with it, I'll have an opinion.  However, last time I
> checked (this weekend, I believe) Wave was not available. . . only some
> documentation and videos talking about what it will do when it's released.

The release prob isn't coming until later this year, this is just the dev
preview. In the forums there are posts about the people at Google IO not
even getting access yet (you hear the guy in the video saying they will do
it "tomorrow")and that they're waiting for the team to get back to Australia
and settle down. I hope they allows us to send out invites or something,
because it will be boring on there all by myself :)
-Steve Brown