[ale] Fault Tolerant High Read Rate System Configuration

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 11:35:31 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I am working on a quote for a board of realtors customer who has ~ 6000
people hitting his database, presumably daily per the info I pasted below.
He wants fast reads and maximum up time, perhaps mirrored systems. So I
though I would pick you smart guys brains for any suggestions as to the most
reliable/economical means of achieving his goals. He is thinking in terms of
some sort of mirror of iSCSI SAN systems.

Currently we are only using 50G of drive space, I do not see going above
500G for many years to come. What we need to do is to maximize IO
throughput, primarily read access (95% read, 5% write). We have over 6,000
people continually accessing 1,132,829 Million (as of today) small (<1M)
files.

Tkx,
Greg Clifton
Sr. Sales Engineer