[ale] quick and dirty webmail solution?

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Thu Jul 16 01:28:14 EDT 2009

Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 1:55:01 PM, Richard wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:11 PM,
> Geoffrey<lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
>> For a business solution.  We were thinking that terms of use for free
>> gmail exluded such solutions.

> Not at all. You said "a traveling person". This is no problem. It's
> not like you are trying to setup your whole company on it. ...
> That comes closer to offending
> the terms, but I've never heard of an objection.

My experience lately has shown Google actually encourages the individual employees to set up and use Gmail, hoping that if enough employees use it and other Google services such as Talk, that the company would find it efficient and compelling to use Google's premium services.

Besides, should Google take the highly unanticipated step of closing the account it would be mostly just an inconvenience since the primary purpose would be to send email as well as pass through email culled from other email accounts; those email accounts do not necessarily have to be set up to delete the email after its pulled.

However, if that really is a concern then also set up a Yahoo! email address for exactly the same purpose, and CC the Yahoo! address to ensure all sent email also has a 'backup'.

Cheers,
Robert~