[ale] quick and dirty webmail solution?

Wed Jul 15 13:55:01 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Geoffrey<lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> For a business solution.  We were thinking that terms of use for free
> gmail exluded such solutions.

Not at all. You said "a traveling person". This is no problem. It's
not like you are trying to setup your whole company on it. Have him
setup a personal Gmail account, and you can either use a fetchmail
cronjob to forward it from a server on your end, or use Gmail built in
POP/IMAP checker. They built a POP/IMAP checker into Gmail because
this is a come use of Gmail. I know dozens of people that use
username_companyname at gmail.com on a dedicate Gmail account to keep it
separate from their personal Gmail too. That comes closer to offending
the terms, but I've never heard of an objection.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.