[ale] oops - mea culpa - Re: mass email for school and school web site

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Tue Jul 14 15:24:50 EDT 2009

Hello Scott,

> On 07/14/2009 02:33 PM, Robert Reese wrote:
>> Hello Brian,

>> Thank you very kindly for your encouraging words and sentiments.

>> I've a bad habit of not paying attention to the sent date of a message, and sometimes I sort my inbox differently than the default and forget to change it back.  I also keep virtually every email I receive, so there are literally tens of hundreds in the ALE inbox alone and many more in the archives.

> I admit I'm guilty as sin for the same. My ALE folder along with a few
> others is the majority of disk space that the rest of my home folder
> takes. I tend to not use the delete key as much as I probably should.

The reason I don't is there is waaaay too much good information here.  There have been countless times that I searched first in the ALE folder for an answer, solution, or recommendation that otherwise would have been taken to Google.  Especially useful when the internet is unavailable.

I just need to be more vigilant about moving the messages to the archives more frequently.  Okay, that and _pay attention_.

> Also, I too have done the same almost responding to an older email by
> mistake.

Hey, that would make a GREAT outgoing mail filter: if the creation date of the email is more than nn days old, notify the user as soon as they hit the reply/reply all button and again when they actually hit 'send'.

Why didn't that occur to me before?

Cheers,
R~