[ale] Gnome replacement for k3b

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 13 11:42:09 EDT 2009

I have been using KDE 4.x for a while now, and while it is different
than any of the KDE 3.x versions, I have found it to be very usable.
There are still a very few minor applet issues, but those have rapidly
disappeared since 4.1.

I have always been a Gnome fan, and until 4.1 was released, lived almost
exclusively in the Gnome world, with just an occasional foray into the
KDE world to see if it was worth using yet. I would always return to my
trusty Gnome desktop to get things done without hassles.

Now that I've been working more and more with the KDE 4.x desktop (and
have figured out the changes), I've gotten so comfortable that I use it
almost exclusively. It's a real change from 3.x, but I find it very easy
to work with. Different, but in a very good way.

Dan