[ale] Microsoft tries to reverse Vista's Impact on the environment

Wed Jul 8 15:46:46 EDT 2009

I would love to see someone do a study on what the effect on the power
grid would be if all MSFT machines were changed to Linux. Consider
lower resource requirements and elimination of malware and botnets. I
bet it would be the biggest household go-green payoff second only to
the elimination of incandescent lighting.

On 7/8/09, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> The DRM stuff that dominates the Vista OS uses loads of cpu cycles to
> encrypt and decrypt  stuff to keep people from being thievin' scum
> bags and depriving the poor movie and music studios of their well
> deserved monies. It has gone so far as to encrypt data en-route to the
> HDMI-capable TV set so movies can't be copied using the "analog hole"
> .
>
> Many ideas have been suggested for ways to help Microsoft fill their
> analog hole....
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Courtney
> Thomas<courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> Richard,
>>
>> Pardon my ignorance... but please elaborate on "they go so far as to burn
>> gratuitous cycles to encrypt and decrypt data going in and out RAM".
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Courtney

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.