[ale] secure access to samba share

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 23:02:24 EST 2009

Others have suggested ssh tunnel. I'll chime with a second to that. By
setting up a PuTTy config that connects back to a Linux firewall
guarding a Windows LAN setup, it can be pretty easy to use for a
button punching winders (l)user. There is a way to script up the
entire thing down to drive map reconnections with a batch script on
the user desktop. I don't have access to any of the machines I've done
this on so I can't send over a script to model on. Look up "windows
batch script drive mapping".

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of a secure way to access a Samba share over the internet?
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
> temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
>  - Benjamin Franklin

James P. Kinney III