[ale] Removing Remote Printers in Ubuntu

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Jan 26 12:46:22 EST 2009

On Mon January 26 2009, BBBB wrote:
> My Gnome, Printer configuration - localhost
> is littered with remote printers from days gone by.
> I can not figure out how to delete these printers. My delete button
> turns grey when I go into remote printers.
> I suspect I need root access? Google has failed me.
> Someone on this list knows the answer.

is your user in the lp system?
DESCRIPTION
       lppasswd  adds,  changes, or deletes passwords in the CUPS digest
pass‐
       word file, passwd.md5. When run by a normal user, lppasswd will  prompt
       for  the  old  and new passwords.  When run by the super-user, lppasswd
       can add new accounts (-a username),  change  existing  accounts
(user‐
       name),  or  delete  accounts (-x username) in the digest password file.
       Digest usernames do not have to match local UNIX usernames.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800