[ale] web camera

Sean drifter at oppositelock.org
Mon Jan 19 16:20:03 EST 2009

She Who Must Be Obeyed has decreed that we must
begin using Skype to communicate with grandkid.

I could use some advice on what sort of camera I can plug
into this no-name box to feed video into the ether.

Sound card has a place to plug in a microphone, but I have
no idea what sort of head set to get either.

Right now we are using the camera/microphone built into my
wife"s (SWMBO) Mac laptop, but the screen is a bit small for
both of us to use at the same time. So the push is on to add
Skype to this box so we can use the 22" CRT monitor.
I understand that bandwidth may make the larger screen a moot issue,
but SWMBO says we have to try.

Am running FC 7 and I hope that is recent enough.

I could use a bit of advice before I drive out to Frys and shop for a
camera and headset. Or Microcenter. Either is willing to take my
money. :)

Sean