[ale] linux screen saver

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 15 11:09:55 EST 2009

From: "Geoffrey" <lists at serioustechnology.com>
To: <ale at ale.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:46 PM
> So you're trying to have the screensaver running before anyone logs in?
>  I'm not sure I understand the purpose.

Well, I'm trying to set it up that way because that's what I've been told to
do.:-)

So why ddid the powers that be tell me to do this?  Good question. I'm not
entirely sure. Doesn't a monitor waste power if it's on all the time? I just
assumed they are worried about wasting energy.

Think how much energy we could all save if nobody used a monitor at all. And
printers too. Lets get rid of them both. All you really need to run a
computer is a pair of headphones. . :-)