[ale] rehashed - Linux laptops

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:41:55 EST 2009

Deal at MicroCenter is sign up new with Vonage for a 1 year autopay ($30/mo)
get a $250 voucher for any laptop over $250.

Original box price $379. Markdown to $329 (Windows XP version $349). Open
box discount 10%. Less $250 voucher  = $55

I had to buy a $79 XFS adapter for the Vonage service and it came with a $70
rebate.  So pre-rebate out of pocket was $149 (includes tax) and less $70
rebate is $79 total for latop plus $30/mo phone.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Preston Boyington <preston.lists at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Jim Kinney wrote:
> <snipped>
> > Laptop note: Acer Aspire One (little tiny thing available with Linpus
> > preinstalled) is pretty cool. Bundled with Vonage service for a year,
> > the laptop cost $99.
>
> wait... the laptop cost $99?  was there a "2" missing?  if not then let
> me know what trunk you bought it out of.  i want one for my motorcycle
> saddle bag.
>

> --
> Arrant Drivel - really, it's just trash...
> http://www.arrantdrivel.com/
>
> Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
> http://www.prestonboyington.com/

James P. Kinney III