[ale] Linksys router stopping ftp:// sites

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 22:29:41 EST 2009

The only reason I bought a Linksys WRT54-GL is because I could load
Tomato[1] on it. One of my old roommates had a Linksys router that we
used and I hated it. The stock firmware was poorly done. With Tomato,
I am able to easily implement my desired QoS rules, assign an
arbitrary number of DHCP assigned static IPs, open/forward as many
ports as I wish, and generally not be artificially limited by Linksys.

Sure, I have an old IBM Pentium 2 machine that can do the same stuff.
But the Linksys hardware is much smaller and uses far less
electricity. Others on the list will suggest stuff like DD-WRT, but
I've found Tomato to be sufficient for my needs.

[1] -- http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/