[ale] OT: top-posting

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Wed Jan 7 13:34:27 EST 2009

> Personally, I prefer not to have the whole thread quoted in the
> message, and bottom posting for the
> relevant responses.  I had a cow-orker complain to me that my
> reader was truncating the "thread", and I explained that it was *me*
> deleting unecessary content in a message.  If I've been asked a
> question, and there is no reference in the last 100K of message,
> why should I continue to bat all that text around?

By the way, that was the purpose of the increasingly-neglected use of the "snip"
comment.  Inserting a snip comment was, at one time, a well-used method to show
that material was intentionally removed as unnecessary.  I used to use it
religiously, but the last couple of years I've grown a little bit lazy in that I
don't use it all the time.

R~