[ale] [JOBS] Sr. Systems Administrator positions

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:25:35 EST 2009

This recruiter courteously contacted me this morning to ask
the proper way to share some job opportunities with ALE.
Since we don't have our employment list up yet, I offered to
review it and post here if I thought it was appropriate.

The job descriptions look relevant and legitimate to me,
so his email is below.

NOTE: This is a re-send as the full job description .pdf
attachment was over our 40k message limit.  I've quickly
cut, pasted, and re-attached that as Plain Text, but the
formatting may be a bit ragged now.

=============================
We are looking for 2-3 people immediately with more possibly to
follow. Following is the short job description, the long version is
attached.

Thank you,
Joe
=============================

Oversight Systems is an entrepreneurial, rapidly-growing technology
company which already enjoys an impressive list of marquee customers and
is led by an executive team with a proven track record in building
early-stage businesses into market leaders. Oversight Systems’ software
helps corporations identify fraud, misuse and errors, and sustain
regulatory compliance by inspecting business transactions in real-time.

Oversight is currently looking to add a Senior Systems Administrator to
the Managed Services team. The Senior Systems Administrator’s role is to
ensure the high availability, performance, and scalability of our internal
IT infrastructure, as well as our customer facing technology systems that
run our products, whether deployed at customer sites or in our SaaS
datacenter. This includes monitoring systems, backup systems and other
related hardware and software, as well as Linux servers that power MySQL /
Oracle databases and business applications.

Qualifying experience includes:
•  5+ year’s hands-on experience with deployment and management of large
scale Red Hat Linux environments. Includes server monitoring systems for
proactive notification of system problems.
•  Proven expertise with designing and implementing enterprise backups and
disaster recovery of large-scale Linux server environments.
•  Thorough knowledge of server and operating system configuration and
implementation including hardware, software, RAID, SCSI, and other storage
technologies.
•  Hands-on experience with server virtualization, for example Xen or
VMware / ESX server.
•  Experience with backups & recovery of Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
databases is a plus.
•  Proven expertise with Unix / Linux scripting.
•  Working technical knowledge of networking protocols such as DNS, WINS,
SMTP, SNMP, RPC, FTP, IP internetworking, etc.

Also, you must be a US citizen and able to receive US government security
clearance.

Anyone who chooses to begin a dialogue with us should know that we are
committed to protecting privacy and promise full confidentiality.

Joe Payne
Recruiter
1-770-457-7023 Office
1-404-307-1431 Mobile