[ale] Maybe was discussed before - revised

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Tue Feb 24 22:04:01 EST 2009

bugy at bellsouth.net wrote:
> I apologize ... maybe my previous question wasn't clear. When you order
> DSL from AT&T they send you new modem in package, so the DSL is ready to
> go when you are ready. You hook up your PC to the modem/router, call
> tech. support and they give you temporary username and password for the
> DSL modem/router ( in my case username: dslreg at att.net passwd:dslreg or
> was regdsl at att.net/regdsl I can't recall ). This account gives you
> access only to my.att.net especially to the new UID/PASSWD registration
> page http://dslinstallation.bellsouth.net. So on this page is the main
> challenge. You have to have IE+Windows to register account, otherwise
> won't go.
>
> In short : Is anybody are able to go around
> http://dslinstallation.bellsouth.net and successfully to register new
> AT&T account under Linux.

Yes. Using the procedure I outlined, I was able to type my DSL
UID and password directly into the modem's "Connection Configuration"
page, and get on line.  The URL http://192.168.1.1 refers to the
internal web server on the modem, which it uses to serve up
its status and configuration data.

-- JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
  it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov