[ale] Maybe was discussed before - revised

bugy at bellsouth.net bugy at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 24 21:59:01 EST 2009

I apologize ... maybe my previous question wasn't clear. When you order DSL from AT&T they send you new modem in package, so the DSL is ready to go when you are ready. You hook up your PC to the modem/router, call tech. support and they give you temporary username and password for the DSL modem/router ( in my case username: dslreg at att.net passwd:dslreg or was regdsl at att.net/regdsl I can't recall ). This account gives you access only to my.att.net especially to the new UID/PASSWD registration page http://dslinstallation.bellsouth.net. So on this page is the main challenge. You have to have IE+Windows to register account, otherwise won't go.

In short : Is anybody are able to go around http://dslinstallation.bellsouth.net and successfully to register new AT&T account under Linux.

Thanks again