[ale] How Do I Join?

Chris Kleeschulte chris.kleeschulte at it.libertydistribution.com
Sat Feb 21 10:55:16 EST 2009

It is funny that you bring this up since my wife is always laughing at
me when the first thing I do when Xorg/X11 starts is open 4 xterm
sessions. Why even use X?

Well the answer is that sometimes (especially when your only
interaction with a special purpose server like a linux app server is
ssh) you just need some info off a site that is hosted by a web
server. Maybe you just need to fill out a  form. With as much crap
that is expected to run client side (javascript, java applets, flash)
it is no wonder why people just opt for links or lynx. I really
noticed it when I got my iphone and found out how long it takes to
build a page....even when the network is not slow.

Chris