[ale] AT&T blocked

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Feb 18 15:59:01 EST 2009

On Wed February 18 2009, Ken Ratliff wrote:
> It's not so much as that as it is our ISP's being dicks about blocking port
> 25. If I could effectively run a mailserver from my own connection, I
> wouldn't need a server outside to route my email through. Given that google
> is a bit cheaper than renting a box on a network with no port 25 blocks in
> place, it's going to be a popular choice.

so, help me out here.. what exactly is it google does for you?
is it the gmail mail fetcher?
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=21288
Welcome to our information center for Mail Fetcher. Gmail's Mail Fetcher can
download messages from up to five other email accounts, centralizing all your
email in Gmail. The tabs above have information on setting up Mail Fetcher,
as well as troubleshooting tips for the common problems users face.

so, you get all your email accounts sent to google, and you use the web
interface? or your mail program with gmail IMAP..
does each email still show what account it was originally sent to?? double
headers?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800