[ale] AT&T blocked

Ken Ratliff forsaken at targaryen.us
Wed Feb 18 15:13:41 EST 2009

> wow, 2 voices for Google domains... we have all these fancy shmancy
> Linux
> boxes, that are born & raised to be servers.. ( EMAIL..) and we dump
> all the
> hard work off on Google:)
> I'll take a look at google apps..

It's not so much as that as it is our ISP's being dicks about blocking
port 25. If I could effectively run a mailserver from my own
connection, I wouldn't need a server outside to route my email
through. Given that google is a bit cheaper than renting a box on a
network with no port 25 blocks in place, it's going to be a popular
choice.