[ale] Proposed ALE/Chugalug Outing..

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Feb 17 16:50:59 EST 2009

Yep - Niagara was one of my road trips a few years back.  I went in June
but found I had to stop and buy a jacket because at sunset temperature
started going down to the low 50s.   I forgot that winter lasts from
September through June in the north.  While the Canadian city is
"neater" the American side does have more wilderness along the river.
You definitely want to go to both sides on a visit though.  (Make sure
to take your passport in this post 9/11 world so you can get back to our
side.)

My number one favorite location so far though has been Yellowstone.
They have canyons, waterfalls, geysers, mountains, rolling meadows, and
most importantly abundant wildlife.  I saw herds of buffalo and elk
while there not to mention a coyote, a bear and various smaller
critters.  I went for the geysers but they really just make up one facet
of this great park.