[ale] Proposed ALE/Chugalug Outing..

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:40:10 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
> Probably what I saw is the DC to Orlando stuff.   It was a vague memory
> because I once thought of taking a trip by train just for the novelty
> saw they had that.  I gave up on the idea because wherever I was
> thinking of going at the time would have required me to go to Chicago
> first (and I think a layover there).  It seemed a bit ridiculous to me
> for Amtrak to be operating as if it were an airline with hub and spoke
> system given the difference in travel times so I gave up on the idea.
>
> As for me I love road trips anyway so have driven all over the country.
> I take at least one major one per year.  I'm planning on going to
> Vermont and Quebec this summer which leaves only 5 states to visit in
> future trips.  Planning the drive to Hawaii when I get to it is going to
> be tough I think...

Have you done the Canadian side of Niagara Falls area.

Absolutely wonderful.  (In the summer of course).

I'd rather go there than out to Napa.  (They are both big grape
growing / wine making areas).

Check out "niagara on the lake" as one of the nicest villages I've
been to in NA.  Almost feels European.  Lots of B&Bs to stay at, and
lots of great restaurants.

Greg