[ale] Proposed ALE/Chugalug Outing..

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:33:11 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:15 AM, BBBB <brad.list at thingbuilder.com> wrote:

> Wow, probably ridiculously expensive, but you could sure get a lot of
> media attention for the group with something like this!
> Tech writers, environmental and travel writers would jump all over this.

I STRONGLY suspect this group in conjunction with the ChugaLUG group
could churn out a better transportation plan than the current
bureaucratic entrenchment at either local, state or federal level
could. Hammer out a realistic plan and publish it under a CC license
under the eyes of traveling media between the two cities. Chugalug
enroute to Atlanta defines needs and goals outbound from Tennessee,
ALE joins for the ride back to Chattanooga, both groups discuss
technologies and impacts on needs, ALE hammers out needs and goals on
route back to Atlanta. Document emailing occurs and it concludes with
a public announcement and presentation of a plan.

Or pare it back and just discuss technology improvements that would be
needed to dramatically change the way transportation is done in the
country.

James P. Kinney III