[ale] (no subject)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 19:21:26 EST 2009

There are USB capture cards. I have not seen one that has hardware
video compression. That function is then offloaded to a software tool
on the system. PCI capture cards _do_ have hardware compression.

The last one I got had digital tv tuner ability (a hauppague USB stick
- Microcenter - no longer carries it) but the analog capabilities were
not supported yet in Linux. It was too new.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Terry Bailey <terry at bitlinx.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does there exist a video capture card that will go into a USB port
> that will capture analog from a camcorder and turn it into AVI,
> MPEG-4 etc?  If so, where is a good place to buy it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry Bailey

James P. Kinney III