[ale] Least expensive way to watch TV on a PC ?

Ken Ratliff forsaken at targaryen.us
Thu Feb 12 03:18:10 EST 2009

That's not as simple a question as it might appear. Are you just
looking for basic broadcast channels, or are you looking for your full
selection of cable channels? It also largely depends on your cable
provider and what they're broadcasting as clear and what they're
broadcasting as encrypted. Do you want program guide information as
well or just a live tv feed? And what operating system?

These are all questions I'm dealing with myself as I go about
preparing to build a home theatre system, and it's turned out to be a
hell of alot more complicated that I thought it would.