[ale] OT: CFL recycle?

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Dec 2 12:37:40 EST 2009

Greg Clifton wrote:
> Atlanta Light Bulb @ 20?? Mountain Industrial Blvd, Tucker (corner of
> Mtn. Ind. & Granite Dr.) used to accept all manner of fluorescent bulbs.
> And yes, ALL fluorescent bulbs contain a small amount of mercury. I have
> both fluorescent and LED in my home. Never had a CFL last the claimed
> 5-7 yrs.

Me either.  I've just recently started dating my bulbs before installing
them so have a better idea of how long they last.  Just read on the
packaging that you have to return them in the original carton.  Like
everyone is going to save those things for that long.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin