[ale] OT: CFL recycle?

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:58:54 EST 2009

Atlanta Light Bulb @ 20?? Mountain Industrial Blvd, Tucker (corner of Mtn.
Ind. & Granite Dr.) used to accept all manner of fluorescent bulbs. And yes,
ALL fluorescent bulbs contain a small amount of mercury. I have both
fluorescent and LED in my home. Never had a CFL last the claimed 5-7 yrs.
LEDs are great (way more efficient) but not so bright and the light quality
isn't there yet for most applications. Warm white LEDs have only come
available in the past yr. or so and they are a big improvement, but a bit
pricey. Love them for Christmas lights!
GC