[ale] overheard conversation

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:05:44 EDT 2009

If only it had been that obtuse! The conversation really was about
running exchange server under wine in a testing process. It was also
said with the full knowledge that it was a. one total waste of time
and b. other Linux geeks were in earshot and would likely have a
stroke over being handed _that_ as a maintenance task.

evil humor indeed. I think my heart skipped 4-5 beats when I heard it.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Robert L.
Harris<robert.l.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most likely the conversation was like this:
>
> Bill: Hey, we want to convert from sendmail to exchange, can you do that
> next week?
> Dave:  There's not enough wine in the state to put me in the right frame
> of mind for that!
>

> On 8/14/09 2:04 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

>>> Someone is about to enter a world of great pain.
>>>
>> No Kidding!!! I made it very clear I know totally zilch about the wine
>> application and exchange server and will happily go to my grave in
>> blissful ignorance of that combination.
>>
>> My knowledge of wine, the grape juice and yeast drink, is
>> substantially more impressive and useful.
>>
>>> Doesn't even matter what end they are talking about...
>>>
>>> Brian

> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
>                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> DISCLAIMER:
>       These are MY OPINIONS             With Dreams To Be A King,
>        ALONE.  I speak for              First One Should Be A Man
>        no-one else.                       - Manowar

James P. Kinney III