[ale] Hosting Services

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Apr 29 14:42:24 EDT 2009

Robert Reese~ wrote:

> A very inexpensive (and bare-bones) way to go is NearlyFreeSpeech.  One great
> advantage is their principle of allowing you to host pretty much anything you
> want as long as it isn't spam or other illegal activity.  Unfortunately, this
> means that you'll also find your site on some block lists.  It is also very bare
> bones as I said.  But it IS very inexpensive and hands-offish as far as content
> (especially political or technical goes).

NearlyFreeSpeech is great.

If you want someone local, try ASmallOrange. I've used their tiny and
their small plan. Reasonable cost, great support, and they've released
several of their in-house software projects as open source.

http://www.asmallorange.com/hosting/shared/

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts