[ale] Linux apparently illegal in MA

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Apr 22 20:11:15 EDT 2009

> 2. Data encryption has become popular to hide evidence of crime,
>   especially among those handling child pornography.

It's a requirement of nearly any mission critical business information,
e-mail, file stores, data, e-commerce transactions, communications or
system information.. and yes, I'm a hypocrite, I need to do MORE
encryption at work, better...

>     The right of the peole to be secure in their persons, houses,
>     papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,
>     shall not be violated and no Warrants shall issue, but upon
>     probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly
>     describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things
>     to be seized.

Violated every day.. in so many ways.

Which reminds me.. Time to sniff the office and home network traffic
when theoretically, nothing should be accessing the 'net.