[ale] [OT] rights and wrongs [politics] (was Re: Linux apparently illegal in MA)

Mon Apr 20 14:41:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Michael B. Trausch <mbt at zest.trausch.us> wrote:
> On one of my recent trips up north I ate at a restaurant in Michigan
> where business owners still had that freedom.

I fully agreed about privately owned indoor property. But, there are a
few caveats.
1. Subjecting a minor to cigarette smoke should be "contributing to
the delinquency of a minor" even if a parent does so in their own home
or automobile.
2. When someone lights a cigarette on a public sidewalk and baths my
children in the fluid (gaseous smoke) that they expel from their
mouth, it should be considered no different than spitting on them.
Either they should be guilty of assault, or I should have the equal
freedom to bath them in the fluid (green flem) that I expel from my
mouth. (the bright side is that my fluid doesn't even enter the
receiver's body)
3. When the same person dispenses fluid (gaseous smoke) from a hand
held container (cigarette) onto bystanders, those bystanders should be
free to dispense fluids (beverages, gasoline, etc.) from hand held
containers in return, or else both should be punished similarly.

This is coming from a cigar smoker and avid personal liberty activist.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.