[ale] $99 windows home server

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Apr 3 06:22:24 EDT 2009

On Thu April 2 2009, Brian Pitts wrote:
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116550
> >
> > WTF?? What does this do? Why is a "server" product less $$$ than their
> > crappy home basic product? OK. So it's OEM but....
>
> Checking the features via wikipedia, I have to admit it sounds rather
> slick.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Home_Server

my windows-centric ex-boss was raving to me not long ago that he had just
setup Windows Home server in his house. Talking about how it backs up all his
PC automatically.. He was having fun playing with it. He knows nothing of
Linux, and uses Outlook for email...... His company installs Red Hat ES 5.2
and a special application, but they all use M$ Office, Outlook, and windows
products. Beats me. I looked at Home Server, and it requires an install CD
for every PC that will attach to it.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800