[ale] Accessing an MP3 player from Linux

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 02:17:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've inherited an MP3 player and I'd like to be able to interact with it from
my SuSE 10.2 laptop. It's a ZEN Vision:M from Creative. It has a USB
interface. Of course, the CD that comes with it has this clunky Windows
software as the only means of interacting with it.

Basically, I'd like to edit the playlists and use it as a source for playing
MP3s thru my laptop. So either mounting it as a device and/or finding some
software to allow me to interact with it is what I'm looking for. Nothing
included on the SuSE distro that I can see.

Tried connecting to it via Amarok to no avail but it wanted a pre-configured
device to start with. Not sure how to bring that about.

I know I could probably do some vmware thing to boot windows but that's a hell
of a lot of software to load just to listen to music.

Anyone else deal with this or something similar?

Thanks in advance.

--
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human
race.