[ale] DSL providers

Brian nym.bnm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 22:15:45 EDT 2008

Atlantic Nexus is great.  Just a clarification though: Atnex only
requires a 6 months contract, unlike the year contract of other
providers.  In addition, the equipment they supply is usually refurb
stuff.  That said, they waste no time getting it to you -- my
equipment was here days before the turn on date.  Mine was configured
in bridge mode on arrival since I had specified I'd be using a Linksys
WRT54G router -- they sent directions specific to the 54G to configure
it for access with screen shots and all.

They don't make you wait on the phone either.  I made a preliminary
order that required AT&T to activate my line (moved to a new place),
and within an hour of the installer being here, I received a call from
Atnex saying my physical line was provisioned, and that they could go
ahead and begin the activation.

bnm