[ale] OT:email

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Sat Nov 8 15:43:00 EST 2008

I opened my mail folder in a text editor and found references within the
message to crushxmail.asp which google seemed to indicate a possible
"email address trap", and then I googled 12/31/1969 and it went to a few
issues related to Y2K and Winblowz. I found the only way that I could
totally get rid of these emails was to delete the trash folder once I
confirmed that these messages were in the the trash folder. Otherwise it
just would pop up into the inbox or junk folders. Is it possible that
the emails are still around from back then and can now affect Linux
users? Or is the Y2K issue still around?